July 18, 2013

the morning after

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song."
Maya Angelou

Remember that time I hadn't blogged in two years, and then I had 10,000 hits in twelve hours? Crazy town!

Maybe we should back up and get to know one another a bit better.  You know, if we are going to solve life’s problems and such. 

So, the most important thing you can know about me is in this photo.  These two have my whole heart and then some.  That handsome bald guy has been the love of my life since we were both awkward, sweaty palmed fourteen year old freshmen in high school.  I don’t want to give too much away, but that was a loooong time ago.  The little pudgy guy? He is our miracle baby that will require another post all together.  He is our constant reminder that God is so faithful and never, ever, ever (sounding like Taylor Swift here…) forgets about His children.

By day I am a freelance prop stylist for magazines.  I will be working on my first movie set in the next while, so more to come on that soon! By night, I am an artist, writer, cookie dough eater and big dream dreamer extraordinaire.

I am so happy you're here on my little happy space (which doubles as a confessional booth)  

6 comments:

  1. I don't think I could possibly explain to you how happy I am that you are blogging! Literally makes my day (week, month, year...)! Thank you for your post yesterday. I need to see you in real life soon! XOXO, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth!! Thank you for your sweet encouragement! I am happy to be writing again. This should be an exciting adventure. I can't wait to REALLY see you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs Fancy, I don't have babies - yet - but I do love all the pictures of baby M. He makes my heart smile every time! I just want to let you know - someone (ok multiple someones) posted a link to your post yesterday and it just made me feel good. It's contentious I know so I haven't said anything about it, you know, socially, but I love that you put a face to "what could have been" and have made others feel the same way. That being said, I love your outlook all the time. And, well, most everything you say! "Pharmacist" is right, you are always optimistic. You're a great writer though and you should definitely keep it up for real this time! Good luck on your upcoming movie styling and everything else! I know you're gonna be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your kind words, Amanda!! I am going to try and keep it going this time! If you hold your breath, though, make sure you have a quick way out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This all just thrills me. God-speed ABL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO happy to see you on here, Liz! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

      Delete

UA-48500915-1