January 2, 2015

grocery run


I made a massive grocery run the other day and was feeling super domestic-ish. When Matt came home, I wanted to let him know what all we had.  After guiding him through an extensive tour of the refrigerator, freezer and pantry, I noticed that he was standing in the middle of the kitchen blinking too much.

“Are you going somewhere?” He was sort of squirming and looking around with darty eyes. “I mean, are you sick? Are you leaving? Leaving US?? Oh my gosh, what’s wrong? Are you leaving?”

This, people, is my husband’s response when I show up with groceries.

And this is the exact reason I am winning mother and wife-hood! I win.

2 comments:

  1. hi there! i happened upon your blog via pinterest (someone had pinned your list of things not to say to adoptive parents; so wonderful!) and i've been perusing the rest of your posts. honest and funny, and such a darling family. i hope you keep posting! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Courtney! I am just now seeing this and I'm SO happy you are here and reading!

      I'm working on being brave and writing more of my story. Your encouragement means a lot!

      Delete

UA-48500915-1